Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Spices
I’m definitely a late comer to the masala chai tea party. My first taste was frankly quite off putting – a very bland and thin offering concocted with a barely waved chai tea bag introduced into a pot of hot … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories.Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Loaded With Spiced Lamb.
Every now and then a deliciously satisfying 5-2 fast day recipe idea comes along that actually makes me forget that I am fasting. This is one of them. In my books baked stuffed potatoes have always been well and truly … Continue reading
With the long summer holidays over and everyone back at school today, serious 5-2 fasting is back on the agenda. Starting next week. Two days – Mondays and Thursdays. Fortunately we’re drifting into late summer, so with the markets full … Continue reading
Tis the season to be thankful. Thursday 28th November is Thanksgiving Day in North America. Whilst we do not celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, preferring to save our turkey for the Christmas table, I thought I would share with you … Continue reading
It’s been an incredibly busy week. Having driven over 2000 km in a return journey from Sydney to Melbourne, with pit stops in Daylesford and Canberra, we’re glad to be finally home. Easter is over. It’s April first. The weather … Continue reading
Last weekend marked the start of Autumn. Cold, dreary and wet. Perfect weather for a warming bowl of soup. This spiced lentil soup is a cooler weather favourite in our house. Lovely and fresh. Inspired by the big, bold flavours … Continue reading
Tonight I’m brining a turkey. For lunch tomorrow. OK. I’ll admit that I have never ever brined a turkey before and to the best of my knowledge have never even eaten a brined turkey. I do recall a neighbour brining … Continue reading
Chermoula. I like to think of it as Moroccan Pesto. Brimming with the bold flavours of the Middle East it certainly packs a vibrant punch. Take some coriander, mint and parsley. Pound together with chilli, garlic, ginger, cumin, paprika, turmeric … Continue reading