Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Shortbread
I’ve always had a huge soft spot for wagon wheels. Sadly those huge chocolate-y jammy biscuity discs so nostalgically and iconically reminiscent of many an Australian childhood seem to have shrunk in size. They were my all time favourite treat … Continue reading
It seems like an age since I made Ginger Crunch. Another old-fashioned childhood slice, reminiscent of cake stalls, school fetes and fund raising drives. Utterly addictive, this very simple slice combines a short, crisp and crunchy (almost shattering) biscuit base … Continue reading
Every so often I google food trends to discover what’s hip and happening across the globe. Sometimes out of pure curiosity, occasionally for inspiration. There’s the wild and whacky suggestions make me laugh out loud, and every now and then … Continue reading
There’s a serious battle being played out in our kitchen at the moment between the much loved, often requested, traditional chocolate caramel slice and a new contender; a very modern salted vanilla fudge shortbread square. Having baked just one … Continue reading
This weekend my daughters are visiting their grandparents interstate.Tucked into their luggage will be a box of hone baked treats. A trio of Italian biscuits. Sweet but tart Sour Cherry Amaretti (my father’s favourite), caramelised nutty nuggets of Brutti Ma … Continue reading
With Easter almost upon us I’m feeling a little overwhelmed and jaded with the growing stash of chocolate my teenagers have managed to procure. I once naively thought that the Easter Bunny and Chocolate Easter Egg Hunts were the preserve … Continue reading
I’ve always loved the simple combination of rich, buttery, crumbly shortbread and jam. We are lucky enough to always have a steady supply of home made jam in our pantry. The fruit plucked from the trees in my father’s garden … Continue reading
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading