Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The 5-2 Challenge. Figuring Out What To Eat On Five Hundred Calories A Day.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Sugar
Toffee making and I have had a long and chequered history. I have the scars to prove it. Over the years I have experimented with all sorts of permutations in my quest to achieve toffee nirvana. Recently I discovered … Continue reading
Are you up for the challenge? What to make when asked to bring a gluten free, dairy free and nut free sweet treat to an early Christmas get-together? This request almost had me stumped. Sometimes it helps not to over … Continue reading
Light and airy savoiardi have long been a personal favourite of mine. Dating way back to the fourteenth century, this Piedmontese speciality was invented when the Duke of Savoy, Amedeo VI, asked his pastry chef to create something delicate and … Continue reading
We’ve been air popping corn in brown paper bags these school holidays. In the microwave. Sprinkled with a little sea salt. A simple,no fuss, easy to prepare but deliciously healthy snack. Of course my teenagers’ overwhelming preference is for a … Continue reading
Mid winter coincides with peak citrus season. Suddenly my fruit bowl has transformed into an overflowing still life study of vibrantly hued, sweetly scented lemons, oranges and mandarins. Summer’s limes have given way to cooler climate lemons, and lately I’ve … Continue reading
Like Curious George my interest has been piqued. By Monkey Bread. As far as I can gather it’s a sweet, sticky, gooey breakfast pastry popular in the USA. Sometimes also affectionately referred to as puzzle bread, golden crown, pinch-me cake, bubble loaf and monkey brains. Well loved … Continue reading
One more week to go until December. The Silly Season. Frivolous and fun. End of year celebrations go hand in hand with thank yous and tokens of appreciation. Gift giving shouldn’t be a chore. I’m on the look out for what I like to … Continue reading
Remember the tag line for Hoadley’s Violet Crumble – it’s the shatter that matters? Growing up I adored Violet Crumble – tooth achingly sweet honeycomb bars smothered in chocolate. After all these years, I’m still a fiercely loyal devotee, give me a Violet Crumble any … Continue reading
Holidays are over and a new school term is about to begin. Time to resurrect the weekly ritual of baking something for my children’s school lunches. What to bake? Chocolate Cake! This chocolate cake is a firm family favourite and ticks all the boxes. … Continue reading