Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Confectionery
Toffee making and I have had a long and chequered history. I have the scars to prove it. Over the years I have experimented with all sorts of permutations in my quest to achieve toffee nirvana. Recently I discovered … Continue reading
Are you up for the challenge? What to make when asked to bring a gluten free, dairy free and nut free sweet treat to an early Christmas get-together? This request almost had me stumped. Sometimes it helps not to over … Continue reading
This weekend my girls turn fifteen and I’ve promised them a four layer chocolate caramel ombré piñata cake. Sandwiched with dulche de leche. Smothered in chocolate ganache. Filled with mini m&m’s and jelly tots. A teenage balayage inspired sugar high. … Continue reading
Lately I have been delving deep into my kitchen drawer and resurrecting recipes for old fashioned treats. The sort your grandma might have made. Some crawled on scraps of paper, others ripped from the pages of newspapers and magazines. Earmarked … Continue reading
One tell tale sign that it’s the end of school year, and Christmas is round the corner is the burgeoning supply of candy canes in the house. What to do with all those sticky, sweet candy canes? Usually I crush … Continue reading
The girls and I have a particular soft spot for pastel coloured bonbons in any array of sweet, fruity flavours. Not so long ago we spent an afternoon in the kitchen making Brigadeiros. Little chocolate caramel fudge truffles. The process … Continue reading
Highly Addictive. Incredibly Easy To Prepare. Brigadeiros. Brazilian Chocolate Caramel Fudge Truffles.
These must be the easiest truffles I have ever made. Cooked to fudgy perfection, cooled, rolled into little balls and coated within an hour. Including the clean up and loading of the dishwasher. Brigadeiros. Unbelievably sweet and delicious. Highly addictive. A Brazilian … Continue reading
Today I’m taking a trip down memory lane. Back to my childhood. Remember Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs? A nostalgic blast from the past. Nutty caramel-coated popcorn clusters that hit Australian shores by storm in the 1980’s. As their tagline put … Continue reading
Another day. Another take on store-bought Easter eggs. These gorgeous chocolate eggs caught my eye at the supermarket. So pretty. Perfect to be decapitated using my new-found serrated knife skills and filled with something special. A couple of Friday nights … Continue reading
My girls love decorating gingerbread houses. Its something of an early December, start of school holidays ritual. A celebration of the festive season with friends. The problem is that here in the Southern hemisphere Christmas coincides with summer. Hand in … Continue reading