Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Category Archives: Pasta
Ricotta ravioli are always are very special treat at our house. Soft pillows of lemon scented ricotta and parmesan cheese encased in silky smooth pasta. Traditionally made from scratch with long sheets of homemade pasta they can be time consuming … Continue reading
Sunday Night Dinner. Family Food. Italian Meatballs With Ricotta and Parmesan Cheese and a Rich Tomato Sauce.
Sunday night dinner after a busy weekend. Is there anything more comforting than meatballs in a rich tomato sauce? Perfect family food for a cold winter’s night. Our favourite meatball recipe features ricotta and parmesan cheese. The result? Meltingly soft … Continue reading
I had started the day thinking I would make ravioli filled with roast pumpkin and ricotta. Somehow my day began to back up on itself and before long it was mid-afternoon. The pumpkin was roasted but I hadn’t even started … Continue reading
In my books nothing beats a big, beautiful bowl of pasta. Midweek I like to use up the contents of my fridge. This week I was in luck. On hand following my weekend deli splurge? Egg fettuccine, pancetta and parmigiano-reggiano. … Continue reading
The Flavours of Autumn. Ricotta Gnocchi. Two Ways. With A Fresh Vine Ripened Cherry Tomato Sauce And Basil Pesto.
My family adores home-made gnocchi. Traditionally made with potato, they can be a little time-consuming to make. Here is a very fast and easy recipe for times when you might be craving a gnocchi fix but are time poor. These might look … Continue reading
Meatballs are a perennial favourite in this house. Team them with pasta and a rich tomato sauce and I’m everybody’s best friend. The reality is that making meatballs from scratch can be quite time-consuming. Not exactly practical for a quick dinner … Continue reading
Pasticcio di Pasta Al Forno. Literal translation? From the Italian. Oven baked pasta pie. Known quite simply and affectionately as pasta bake in our house. There are many different variations of this delicious dish. Ingredients vary wildly depending upon regional … Continue reading
This is what I cook when I don’t know what to cook. A simple and delicious fall back option. Another firm, family favourite. It incorporates the holy trinty of spicy chorizo, capsicum and chillies simmered in a tomato sauce. I … Continue reading
It would be fair to say that in our house home made potato gnocchi served with bolognese sauce and a generous grating of parmesan cheese is a perennial favourite. I think of home made gnocchi and these adjectives spring to … Continue reading
Orecchiette. Little ears of pasta. A speciality of the Puglia region of Southern Italy. Small and circular. Their little indentations perfectly suited to capturing a chunky sauce. Having just returned from the fish markets with some beautifully fresh prawns I’m craving seafood … Continue reading