Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Pasta
Meatballs are a perennial favourite in this house. Team them with pasta and a rich tomato sauce and I’m everybody’s best friend. The reality is that making meatballs from scratch can be quite time-consuming. Not exactly practical for a quick dinner … Continue reading
Pasticcio di Pasta Al Forno. Literal translation? From the Italian. Oven baked pasta pie. Known quite simply and affectionately as pasta bake in our house. There are many different variations of this delicious dish. Ingredients vary wildly depending upon regional … Continue reading
This is what I cook when I don’t know what to cook. A simple and delicious fall back option. Another firm, family favourite. It incorporates the holy trinty of spicy chorizo, capsicum and chillies simmered in a tomato sauce. I … Continue reading
It would be fair to say that in our house home made potato gnocchi served with bolognese sauce and a generous grating of parmesan cheese is a perennial favourite. I think of home made gnocchi and these adjectives spring to … Continue reading
Orecchiette. Little ears of pasta. A speciality of the Puglia region of Southern Italy. Small and circular. Their little indentations perfectly suited to capturing a chunky sauce. Having just returned from the fish markets with some beautifully fresh prawns I’m craving seafood … Continue reading
I looked in my pantry this afternoon. Like Old Mother Hubbard, my cupboard was bare. My saving grace? Half a loaf of sour dough bread, some freshly laid free range eggs courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks and a packet of dry spaghetti. … Continue reading
Pasta again for dinner tonight. This time its Genovese style with Pesto, Asparagus and Kipfler Potato. My daughter has a swim meet this weekend and she’s carbohydrate loading. Only joking. About the carb loading that is. If the truth be … Continue reading
Pasta with Bolognese. Possibly the most popular home cooked meal in Australia. For such a simple dish it comes in many guises from the good to the bad and the downright ugly. I’m no expert on Bolognese sauce but I … Continue reading
I stopped by the fishmonger this morning intending to buy some fresh flathead fillets for dinner and froze dead in my tracks. Flathead fillets were $52.99 a kilo! I was stunned. In my mind flathead, delicious as it is, certainly isn’t a delicacy and shouldn’t be … Continue reading
A couple of times a week, I’ll serve up a vegetarian meal. My family adores pasta in any form, and this recipe is a firm, family favourite. Its light and delicious, and we love the way the zucchini takes on a rich, … Continue reading