Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Crisp, Crunchy and Healthy. Oven Baked Panko and Parmesan Crumbed Zucchini Fries
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Sweet Treats
I’ve always had a soft spot for doughnuts. Of every variety. Cinnamon sugar dusted, glazed or jam filled. Hot from the oven or fryer. Indeed some of my most poignant childhood memories are of holidays spent my grandparents, the highlight … Continue reading
Pretty little Apple Rose Tartlets have been populating my Instagram feed. Darling bijoux works of art constructed from little more than layers of thinly sliced apple and butter puff. So impossibly gorgeous, my interest could not help but be piqued. … Continue reading
Rummaging through the pantry cupboard, I chanced upon my pretty scallop edged madeleine trays. Relics of a long forgotten past. It must be ten years since I used them last. I well remember the thrill of the hunt for those … Continue reading
I love these little pastries. Their crisp and flaky exterior hide a sweet, rich and creamy surprise. A lovely lemon scented custard made with basic pantry ingredients semolina, sugar, butter and milk, and counter intuitively – no eggs. Whisked up … Continue reading
As always in our house Autumn brings cooler weather and a spate of baking as I give in to a seemingly never ending demand for cake. As long as there is no request for fancy decoration I’m always happy to … Continue reading
Oh my. Sometimes I throw caution to the wind and totally abandon any semblance of clean eating. To shamelessly indulge in the pleasures of the feast. Sometimes I just can’t say no, particularly so when staring down something like this. … Continue reading
Saturday marks the 100th anniversary of the Gallipoli campaign in World War I. A bloody eight month campaign which commenced on April 25, 1915 with the landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps on the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey. Through … Continue reading
With the April holidays almost over, it’s time to properly embrace my 5-2 eating regime again. Somewhere along the line I’ve fallen into a pattern of faithful adherence during our 8-9 week school terms coupled with a slow but certain … Continue reading
One of the things I love most about school holidays is the welcome change of pace from a frenetic, breakneck speed to an almost leisurely meandering. Time to stop and smell the roses. Throw routine out the window and indulge … Continue reading