Most Popular Posts
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Melt in your Mouth. Pillows of Air. Home-Made Potato Gnocchi With Bolognese.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Intermittent Fasting
The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
Autumn has finally descended upon Sydney. There is a definite chill in the air. Cooler weather is synonymous with comfort food. In my books there is nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a big bowl of warming soup. … Continue reading
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading
Seven weeks into the 5-2 challenge and I’m still exploring new ways to add flavour to my low calorie meals. This week the spotlight is shining on wine. One glass of dry white wine yields 121 calories. Incorporated into a … Continue reading
Hot spicy food seems to satisfy me most on fast days. When I’m distracted by a rumbling stomach I also know I can count on the protein hit of a humble egg to keep my hunger pangs at bay. After … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. On Trend. Gourmet Popcorn with Nori Gomashio. A Japanese Sesame Seed, Seaweed and Salt Seasoning.
Fast days seem to roll around quite quickly and continue to take me by surprise. In my refrigerator for dinner tonight. Beautifully fresh line-caught salmon fillets. I adore salmon but with one 180 gram fillet accounting for over half … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
Oats are a staple pantry item in our house. With a daughter who swims most mornings they are the perfect, portable breakfast solution. Served in one of two ways. Depending on the season. A thermos of steaming hot porridge. A … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Keeping Busy. Oven Poached Chicken Breast With a Roast Capsicum, Tomato and Couscous Stuffing.
This morning I woke up hungry. Contemplated poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Then it hit me. Today was a fast day. Nothing but cups of tea until midday. Usually I’m able to cruise through my fast day mornings. Usually … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Reinterpreting a Classic. As a Salad. Prawn Cocktail With Green Goddess Dressing.
The beauty of the 5-2 diet is that there is no set menu. On fast days you can eat whatever you want as long as you keep to your 500 for women and 600 for men calorie limit. Which is … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. How Apt. Screening in Australia. On My Fast Day. Michael Mosley’s Documentary. Eat, Fast and Live Longer.
For my Australian followers who may be curious about the 5-2 Challenge that I have been blogging about. Michael Mosley’s excellent documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer will be screening on SBS One at 8.30 pm this Monday night, 22nd … Continue reading
The key to a successful fast day? Healthy meals that pack a flavour punch. After completing a month on the 5-2 Challenge I’m finally in the groove. Recipes that work best? Low on fat and carbohydrate. Jam-packed with vegetables, herbs … Continue reading