Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- A Pasta Bake By Any Other Name. Pasticcio di Pasta Al Forno.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Spring
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. A Crisp Green Salad With Fennel, Pistachio and Blood Orange.
Early Spring and I’m craving salad again. This simple salad pairs crisp garden fresh salad leaves with the last of the winter season’s fennel, blood oranges and pistachio nuts. So very easy to throw together. At just 189 calories per … Continue reading
This Tuesday, the first Tuesday in November, it’s Melbourne Cup Day here in Australia. The race that stops a nation. Literally. At 3.00 pm sharp. A day for sweeps, calcuttas and flutters at the races all over the country. Hats … Continue reading
I’ve always been partial to a well made frangipane tart. A crisp and light pastry shell bursting with almond frangipane cream and seasonal fruit. The markets are awash with rhubarb, its natural tartness a perfect foil for the delicate sweetness of the … Continue reading
Smoky And Intense. A Middle Eastern Salad. Jerusalem’s Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds.
Another offering from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s gorgeous ode to Middle Eastern fare, Jerusalem. This time it’s a smoky and intense Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds. Redolent of the flavours of one of my favourite dips … Continue reading
Rhubarb and strawberry. One of my favourite flavour combinations. In season right now. I’ve been making huge pots of strawberry and rhubarb compote. I could eat it by the spoonful for breakfast, lunch, dinner and in between. It’s a while … Continue reading
The Taste Of Spring. Simply Delightful. Jerusalem’s Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon.
Each changing of the seasons brings new food associations. For me the true taste of Spring is broad beans, double shelled to reveal their vibrant emerald green sweetness. Every home has its own rituals, in ours we mark the arrival … Continue reading
Its Melbourne Cup Day in Australia. The race that stops a nation. Literally at 3.00 pm. A day for sweeps, calcuttas and flutters at the races all over the country. Hats and pretty dresses. Long lunches and champagne. Its going … Continue reading
Pasta again for dinner tonight. This time its Genovese style with Pesto, Asparagus and Kipfler Potato. My daughter has a swim meet this weekend and she’s carbohydrate loading. Only joking. About the carb loading that is. If the truth be … Continue reading
I stopped by the fishmonger this morning intending to buy some fresh flathead fillets for dinner and froze dead in my tracks. Flathead fillets were $52.99 a kilo! I was stunned. In my mind flathead, delicious as it is, certainly isn’t a delicacy and shouldn’t be … Continue reading
And today’s spring vegetable is… cauliflower! No we are not a vegetarian household; we’re just still working through all those gorgeous vegetables from my father’s garden. I imagine that this is how our predecessors used to eat. No take away, no pre packaged … Continue reading