Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Herbs
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Seared Snapper Fillet With A Fresh Parsley And Chive Sauce.
Here is a very simple idea for a fast day feast. A perfectly seared snapper fillet paired with a vibrant fresh parsley and chive sauce. Ready in mere minutes. Prepare the sauce in advance and store in the refrigerator, or … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Som Tam. Thai Green Papaya Salad.
Last week I was lucky enough to visit the Paddington Community Garden. Tucked away behind Trumper Park and The Palms Tennis Centre, it’s a thriving oasis of individual and communal plots producing an enviable array of organic fruits, vegetables and … Continue reading
It may be Autumn but the heat and humidity show little sign of abating. When it’s stifling hot I like to eat salad. Easy to eat. Easy to prepare. Today’s 5-2 fast day offering is an Asian inspired coleslaw. It may … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Jerusalem’s Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs With Spring Onion and Cumin.
My fascination with all things Ottolenghi continues. Last Spring with the markets awash with broad beans I fell in love with Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s recipe for Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon published in their stunning … Continue reading
Summer is all about simple meals that make good use of seasonal produce. Bursting with flavour the ingredients often don’t need very much preparation at all. On hot, sweltering days we love a casual mezze style of eating. Char grilled … Continue reading
Last Saturday, free of my children’s sporting commitments, I spent all morning, (and a good part of the early afternoon) browsing the fabulous Eveleigh Farmer’s Market and surrounding cafes and antique stores. An all time favourite activity that sadly has … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cauliflower Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Sweet Potato.
For quite some time I have been reading about cauliflower rice. Finely grated cauliflower, steamed and served as a healthy, low calorie, low carbohydrate alternative to regular rice. Whilst I have never tried cauliflower “rice” it started me thinking. I’ve always … Continue reading
Smoky And Intense. A Middle Eastern Salad. Jerusalem’s Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds.
Another offering from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi’s gorgeous ode to Middle Eastern fare, Jerusalem. This time it’s a smoky and intense Burnt Eggplant with Garlic, Lemon and Pomegranate Seeds. Redolent of the flavours of one of my favourite dips … Continue reading
The Taste Of Spring. Simply Delightful. Jerusalem’s Beef and Lamb Meatballs With Broad Beans and Lemon.
Each changing of the seasons brings new food associations. For me the true taste of Spring is broad beans, double shelled to reveal their vibrant emerald green sweetness. Every home has its own rituals, in ours we mark the arrival … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Little Bit of Luxury. Slow Baked Salmon with Preserved Lemon Chermoula and Soft Herbs.
Vibrant. Succulent. Deeply infused with the taste and flavour of Morocco. Slow oven baked salmon. Crusted with a preserved lemon chermoula and soft herbs. A little bit of luxury on a 5-2 fast day. Another recipe that effortlessly ticks all … Continue reading