Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Mint
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Lamb Shank, Sweet Potato and Barley Salad With Pomegranate and Fresh Herbs.
What a difference a year makes. Twelve months ago I don’t think that I would have been prepared to place this salad on the family dinner table. I can just imagine my suspicious teenagers trawling through their plates and removing … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Red Lentil Dahl With Roasted Vine-Ripened Cherry Tomatoes, Green Beans and Mint.
Red Lentil Dhal makes a brilliant 5-2 fast day diet meal solution. Low in calories, healthy and bursting with flavour it marries well with a wide variety of seasonal vegetables. It’s early summer here, so today I used green beans, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 200 Calories. Grilled Asparagus Salad With Rocket, Mint and Parmesan.
Asparagus season is in full swing. One of my favourite salads combines lightly grilled asparagus spears with peppery rocket and refreshing mint. Dressed with a simple olive oil and lemon vinaigrette. Garnished with a good grating of parmesan cheese. Another … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 200 Calories. A Classic Middle Eastern Salad. Tabbouleh Lettuce Cups.
There is nothing nicer than a crisp, refreshing tabbouleh on a hot summer’s day. A classic Middle Eastern salad. The perfect side dish to accompany grilled chicken, seafood or steak. Or simply spooned into lettuce cups. Perfect finger food. Tabbouleh … Continue reading
Eat, Fast Live Longer. 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 350 Calories. Toasted Fregola Salad With Hot-Smoked Salmon, Asparagus, Pine Nuts and Mint.
On my last visit to Little Italy in Five Dock I was fortunate to pick up a packet of Fregola Tostada. A regional artisan pasta native to Sardinia. Traditionally made by hand, coarse semolina is combined with water and rubbed … Continue reading
Gin and tonic has always been my cocktail of choice. Particularly so on a hot and balmy night. Today in Sydney the temperatures soared to an unseasonally warm 37 C. Definitely time for a refreshing Bombay Sapphire with tonic and … Continue reading
Larb is a minced meat salad popular in Thailand, and is widely regarded as the national dish of its neighbouring country, Laos. Most commonly made with pork, chicken or beef. Seasoned with lime, chilli, fish sauce, ground toasted rice and … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Keeping Cool When Temperatures Soar. Watermelon, Mint and Lime Paletas or Granita.
I fell in love with paletas last summer. In fact one of my earliest posts was about these very addictive Mexican fruit ices. It’s early spring but temperatures are already beginning to soar. We are expecting the thermometer to reach … Continue reading
I love guacamole and have been preparing it for years. Most times I vary the recipe to accommodate what is readily available at the market and in my herb garden. With avocado season in full swing my fruit bowl is … Continue reading
What to serve when you have unexpected company for dinner on a fast day? This is the dilemma I faced yesterday. With the end of the week looming and a full diary I didn’t have the luxury of swapping my fast day … Continue reading