Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Cheese
Tonight I made risotto for dinner thinking its soft and creamy texture would be the perfect meal solution for my daughter’s brand new braces. The orthodontist had warned that her teeth and gums might be sore and tender for a … Continue reading
When I was growing up I loved Italian meatballs. In our house polpette were just fried and eaten without any sauce or topping. Today I decided to treat my children to polpette for dinner. To make them just a little … Continue reading
Arancini. A Sicilian specialty. Crunchy, little golden risotto balls. Traditionally filled with a rich slow-cooked tomato and meat ragu. Crumbed and fried to perfection. Pure genius. Incredibly delicious. Perhaps invented by thrifty Italian mamas of yore to make use of leftovers. … Continue reading
Today at the local grocer’s I picked up some beautiful early season figs. As a nod to Valentine’s Day I knew exactly what would be on the menu tonight. One of my all time favourite dishes. Baked figs wrapped in … Continue reading
Pasticcio di Pasta Al Forno. Literal translation? From the Italian. Oven baked pasta pie. Known quite simply and affectionately as pasta bake in our house. There are many different variations of this delicious dish. Ingredients vary wildly depending upon regional … Continue reading
I adore crêpes. The French version. Lacy and paper-thin. Next Tuesday we celebrate Shrove Tuesday. The last day before Lent. Pancake day in our house. Traditionally Lent is a time of abstinence and giving things up. In days gone by Shrove Tuesday was … Continue reading
Its lunchtime and pouring with rain outside. The NSW and Queensland coasts are bracing for severe flooding. This crazy Australian summer weather. Heatwaves and bush fires one minute. Cyclones, storms and flooding the next. I’m not venturing out today. A quick scan … Continue reading
I’m roasting beetroot for one of my favourite summer salads. And yes. These crimson orbs come from my father’s garden. Of course. Roasted to a nutty deliciousness. Combined with peppery rocket, bitter radicchio, sweet honeyed walnuts and unctuous marinated goats cheese. Layer upon layer … Continue reading
Today it is a little cooler. A breather before another scorcher sets in next week. When it’s hot I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It doesn’t matter how the weather is. Rain, hail or … Continue reading