Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Toffee Apples For Grown Ups. Sweet, Crisp and Crunchy. Oven Baked Apple Chips With A Toffee Drizzle.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Ginger
Our son’s all time favourite meals is ribs. Caveman style. Huge meaty racks of them, covered in a sticky marinade, braised in the oven until soft and tender, and finished on the barbecue until nicely charred and lightly caramelised. As … Continue reading
Leafing through a pile of back issues of Delicious magazine I came across a very clever recipe for Italian florentines. A delectable combination of caramel, dried fruit and nuts. Baked in a slab. Cut into perfect circles just before the … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Asian Style Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup.
I love Asian style soups. A delicious study of contrasting flavours, colour and textures, this Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup is incredibly satisfying. Filled with fragrant spices, silky strands of shredded chicken, crunchy roasted corn and delicate tendrils of … Continue reading
Rearranging my kitchen pantry I counted no less than a dozen cans of tinned tomatoes. An impressive stockpile borne out of the habit of throwing three or four tins into the shopping trolley during the winter months. An indispensable pantry … Continue reading
This must be my family’s all time favourite soup. Comfort eating at its very best. Simple to prepare. Delicious to eat. Combining three fabulous ingredients. Chicken soup, pork wonton and deep fried tofu puffs. Homemade chicken soup is pretty much … Continue reading
What to eat when you are ravenously hungry on a cold and blustery fast day? Soup. More specifically a non dairy, homemade vegetable based soup. Incredibly low in calories, warming and more importantly filling. Today’s offering? A Spiced Pumpkin, Orange … Continue reading
Today’s 5-2 challenge focus? Transforming simple meals into something amazing by introducing new flavours. One of the hottest new food trends of the year is kimchi. A traditional Korean fermented pickle that’s crunchy, sour, sweet, salty and spicy. Its flavour … Continue reading
The Not So Humble Crumble. Deeply Satisfying. Apple and Rhubarb Crumble With Hazelnuts and a Hint of Ginger.
One of the benefits of the cooler weather is fruit crumble. Deeply satisfying. The ultimate comfort food. In our house we make crumble with almost any combination of apples, stone fruit or berries. More often than not we follow the … Continue reading
The key to a successful fast day? Healthy meals that pack a flavour punch. After completing a month on the 5-2 Challenge I’m finally in the groove. Recipes that work best? Low on fat and carbohydrate. Jam-packed with vegetables, herbs … Continue reading
Sometimes I’m too tired to think about what to cook. I want something simple. Capable of being thrown together without too much thought. A no-brainer. A crowd pleaser. These sticky oven-roasted chicken drumsticks fit the bill. Perfectly. Tender and delicious. … Continue reading