Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Category Archives: Marinades, Pastes and Dressings
Our son’s all time favourite meals is ribs. Caveman style. Huge meaty racks of them, covered in a sticky marinade, braised in the oven until soft and tender, and finished on the barbecue until nicely charred and lightly caramelised. As … Continue reading
The Summer Edition. Rediscovering Nostalgic Rituals. Fresh Prawn Baguettes With Shredded Lettuce And Aioli.
As much as I love Christmas and the celebration of all the associated time-honoured traditions, it’s always such a busy, busy time of year. Coinciding with the end of the school year and the start of our long summer holidays; … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. A Classic Catalan Salsa. Romesco Sauce.
This weekend at a barbeque at my friend Ros’ home I was reacquainted with Romesco sauce. A deep, earthy, smoky salsa made from roasted capsicum, chilli, tomato, onion and garlic. Pounded to a paste and thickened with nuts and a … Continue reading
Luscious And Fragrant. The First Mangoes Of The Season. Fresh Mango Salsa With Lime, Chilli and Spring Onion.
Mango season has well and truly arrived here in Australia. Starting early with the first tray of mangoes for the 2013 season selling for $30,000 at a charity auction at the Sydney Markets in September. That’s a whopping $2,500 per … Continue reading
Rearranging my kitchen pantry I counted no less than a dozen cans of tinned tomatoes. An impressive stockpile borne out of the habit of throwing three or four tins into the shopping trolley during the winter months. An indispensable pantry … Continue reading
I love guacamole and have been preparing it for years. Most times I vary the recipe to accommodate what is readily available at the market and in my herb garden. With avocado season in full swing my fruit bowl is … Continue reading
The weather this weekend was glorious. Unseasonably warm for winter hitting 24C on two consecutive days. The perfect excuse to fire up the barbeque. What to serve with our porterhouse steak? That’s a no brainer. Potato salad of course. With … Continue reading
Chilli jam. Another of my pantry staples. Incredibly versatile, it can be used anywhere you need a sweet and spicy flavour hit. A key ingredient in one of our favourite meals, Thai Chicken Stir Fry With Sweet Chilli Jam and Cashews. Not … Continue reading
Today’s 5-2 challenge focus? Transforming simple meals into something amazing by introducing new flavours. One of the hottest new food trends of the year is kimchi. A traditional Korean fermented pickle that’s crunchy, sour, sweet, salty and spicy. Its flavour … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. On Trend. Gourmet Popcorn with Nori Gomashio. A Japanese Sesame Seed, Seaweed and Salt Seasoning.
Fast days seem to roll around quite quickly and continue to take me by surprise. In my refrigerator for dinner tonight. Beautifully fresh line-caught salmon fillets. I adore salmon but with one 180 gram fillet accounting for over half … Continue reading