Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Summer
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Yoghurt Drops With Cranberries and Pistachio.
With Christmas just three sleeps away and festive feasting in full swing, it’s not entirely surprising that the wheels are slowly wobbling off my 5-2 fasting wagon. I remember reading somewhere that on average Australians gain 0.8 to 1.5 kg … Continue reading
Mention Vietnamese street food and I immediately think of pork banh mi. The ultimate sandwich. A freshly baked crusty baguette roll filled to bursting with roast pork and pate and generous handfuls of carefully chosen accompaniments; pickled carrot, cucumber ribbons, … Continue reading
Our long summer holidays spell a rolling caravan of beautifully fresh, simply prepared seafood feasts. Fish and chips at the beach. Freshly shucked oysters au naturel. Platefuls of fried flathead fillets with beer battered potato scallops. Calamari fritti. Slow baked salmon … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Rockmelon, Prosciutto And Feta Salad With Mixed Salad Leaves.
A refreshing 5-2 fast day salad. Sweet. Salty. Addictive. Perfect for a hot, languid summer’s day. Best of all it’s entirely fuss free. No cooking required. Easily prepared from ingredients sourced from our local grocer; rockmelon (cantaloupe), a bag of … Continue reading
I know its almost Christmas when bags of Pfeffernüsse start appearing in supermarkets and delicatessens. I’ve always had a huge soft spot for these delicious little German “pepper nut” cookies. Full of a heady mix of honey, molasses and ground spices; nutmeg, cardamom, anise, … Continue reading
Let’s start this conversation with a deceptively simple yet potentially polarising question. How do you prefer your potato salad? Dressed with mayonnaise? Or vinaigrette? On the subject of this summer barbecue and picnic staple, our household is steadfastly, almost irrevocably … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Grapes And Cherries.
Here in the southern hemisphere, a reliable marker that Christmas is just around the corner is the appearance of big, beautiful bunches of grapes and boxes of cherries at the markets. With a searingly hot start to the summer with … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Mini Caprese Cocktail Santas.
December 1st and the silly season has well and truly started. A time for pre Christmas catch-ups, get togethers and cocktail parties. Full of conviviality, canapés and festive good cheer. Truly the most wonderful time of the year. In search … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cooling Mango Buttermilk Lassi.
If today’s sweltering 45 degrees celsius is anything to go by, it looks like we’re in for a long, hot summer. After a day spent languishing in the heat, this post is short, to the point and sweet. The ideal … Continue reading
If there is anything that reminds me of the sparkling blue waters of the Aegean Sea it’s Skordalia. A classic Greek dip made from very simple pantry ingredients; boiled potatoes, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Often served in tavernas as an … Continue reading