Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Parmesan
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Japanese Inspired French Onion Soup With Oven Baked Parmesan Crisps.
At first glance French Onion Soup may seem to be an incongruous choice for a 5-2 fast day meal idea. Visions of deep bowls filled with caramelised onions simmered in a rich beef broth and thick gratinéed croutons of bubbling … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 200 Calories. Grilled Asparagus Salad With Rocket, Mint and Parmesan.
Asparagus season is in full swing. One of my favourite salads combines lightly grilled asparagus spears with peppery rocket and refreshing mint. Dressed with a simple olive oil and lemon vinaigrette. Garnished with a good grating of parmesan cheese. Another … Continue reading
Photo courtesy of Australian Navy website http://www.navy.gov.au/ifr Tall ships and war ships from around the world arrived this week to commemorate one hundred years since the first Royal Australian Navy’s fleet sailed into Sydney Harbour in 1913. As part of … Continue reading
Ricotta ravioli are always are very special treat at our house. Soft pillows of lemon scented ricotta and parmesan cheese encased in silky smooth pasta. Traditionally made from scratch with long sheets of homemade pasta they can be time consuming … Continue reading
Sunday Night Dinner. Family Food. Italian Meatballs With Ricotta and Parmesan Cheese and a Rich Tomato Sauce.
Sunday night dinner after a busy weekend. Is there anything more comforting than meatballs in a rich tomato sauce? Perfect family food for a cold winter’s night. Our favourite meatball recipe features ricotta and parmesan cheese. The result? Meltingly soft … Continue reading
First it was the polenta chips, then the mini Italian doughnuts. There seems to have been a lot of frying happening in our house these school holidays. Here is a much healthier alternative to the much loved potato chip or … Continue reading
One Dish. Three Delicious Elements. Polenta Chips With Sauteed Swiss Brown Mushrooms and Gorgonzola Cream Sauce.
When I was growing up hearty winter stews were often served over soft, creamy polenta. My mother would always cook a large pot of polenta and the real treat would be had next day. Cold, leftover polenta, set in the … Continue reading
This weekend I was lucky enough to receive a carton of freshly laid farm eggs. Courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks. Other than the ultimate treat of poached eggs, these were a welcome addition to one of my favourite dishes. Stracciatella. … Continue reading
In my books nothing beats a big, beautiful bowl of pasta. Midweek I like to use up the contents of my fridge. This week I was in luck. On hand following my weekend deli splurge? Egg fettuccine, pancetta and parmigiano-reggiano. … Continue reading
When I was growing up I loved Italian meatballs. In our house polpette were just fried and eaten without any sauce or topping. Today I decided to treat my children to polpette for dinner. To make them just a little … Continue reading