Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Another Offering From The Japanese Izakaya. Butabara. Grilled Pork Belly Skewers With Green Spring Onion.
- A Classic Italian Tea Cake. The River Cafe Almond, Ricotta and Polenta Cake.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Autumn
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories.Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes Loaded With Spiced Lamb.
Every now and then a deliciously satisfying 5-2 fast day recipe idea comes along that actually makes me forget that I am fasting. This is one of them. In my books baked stuffed potatoes have always been well and truly … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Sautéed Green Beans With Roasted Cherry Tomatoes.
The inspiration for this week’s 5-2 fast day offering? Green beans. Or fagiolini as they were fondly referred to in our house. Growing up, the contents of our dinner plates were always influenced by what was in season and plentiful … Continue reading
This post is for my dear friend Jane. Who recently reminded me of the joys of sacher torte, a rich and decadent chocolate cake invented in Vienna in 1832 by a young apprentice chef Franz Sacher for Prince Metternich. Jane … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Soft Cauliflower Tortillas.
These appeared on my instagram account a few weeks ago topped with grilled halloumi and a kale tabbouleh. A fast day experiment in the kitchen using the contents of my fridge – a head of cauliflower and remnants of a … Continue reading
Rummaging through my cupboards this morning searching for muffin tins I came across my mini bundt tray. It’s been quite a while since they’ve seen the light of day, probably not since last winter when I used them to bake Little … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Recipe Idea Under 400 Calories. Lions Head Meatballs With Bok Choy and Shitake Mushrooms.
Meatballs are a perennial favourite in our house, managing to hit the spot with each family member. No mean feat considering the pickiness of their individual palates and food preferences. Fast days always throw up a particularly interesting challenge, my … Continue reading
I’ve always loved baklava. Layers of crisp impossibly light flaky pastry studded with a crunchy spiced nut mixture. Soaked in fragrant sweet syrup. For years satiating my cravings for baklava were easy with a quick trip to a Greek, Turkish … Continue reading
Steel cut oats have just entered my universe and they are fantastic. Luxurious and comforting, a bowl of warming oats never tasted so good. With winter just around the corner I’ve been on the lookout for an easy, portable breakfast … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Hearty Minestrone Soup With Bacon And Pasta
Another Monday. Another fast day. With the definite arrival of cooler weather I’m settling into a rather easy pattern of putting soup on the dinner table on Monday nights. Wholesome, warm and nourishing, nothing beats making an enormous pot of … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Meal Idea Under 300 Calories. Shredded Filo Pastry Topped Chicken And Leek Pot Pies with Roasted Pear And Parsnip.
I’ve never been able to resist a well made pie. With the cooler weather well and truly settling in I’m suddenly craving chicken and leek pot pie. A personal favourite. Traditional comfort food. A crisp pastry lid blanketing an unctuously … Continue reading