Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- A Blast From The Past. Retro Popcorn. Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other followers
Category Archives: Pork
We eat paella often in our house. Sometimes with seafood. At other times without. Always with chorizo. It’s a wonderfully communal dish to cook and eat. Spicy. Full of flavour. Easy to prepare. I must confess this weekend I ran … Continue reading
Meatballs are a perennial favourite in this house. Team them with pasta and a rich tomato sauce and I’m everybody’s best friend. The reality is that making meatballs from scratch can be quite time-consuming. Not exactly practical for a quick dinner … Continue reading
Today at the local grocer’s I picked up some beautiful early season figs. As a nod to Valentine’s Day I knew exactly what would be on the menu tonight. One of my all time favourite dishes. Baked figs wrapped in … Continue reading
Australia Day is fast approaching. This Saturday. January 26th. I can’t think of anything more Australian than a burger cooked on the BBQ. The classic Aussie burger always includes a slice of beetroot. This weekend I was back in Canberra. … Continue reading
Tonkatsu. Panko crumbed and fried pork cutlet. Served with shredded cabbage and special sauce. Crisp, crunchy and delicious. For a truly decadent tonkatsu experience in Tokyo we like to visit Maisen in Omotesando. Just around the corner from Shibuya. Famous … Continue reading
Something substantial to serve with drinks. From the Vietnamese Imperial Court. Spring Rolls with pork, prawn and crab no less. Fit for an emperor. Crisp, crunchy and delicious. And so easy to prepare. All the work is in the preparation … Continue reading
I love the gutsy, robust Mediterranean flavours of this dish. Delicious. Redolent of long, hot, hazy summer afternoons. It’s an impressive looking dish which I often cook for a crowd and serve on platters in the centre of the table. … Continue reading
I had forgotten about this little gem of a recipe, until reminded by my daughters last week. Chinese Pork, Prawn and Shiitake Mushroom San Choi Bau. Served in lettuce cups with a sprinkling of chopped roasted peanuts for crunch. I used to make … Continue reading
Pasta with Bolognese. Possibly the most popular home cooked meal in Australia. For such a simple dish it comes in many guises from the good to the bad and the downright ugly. I’m no expert on Bolognese sauce but I … Continue reading