Most Popular Posts
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Melt in your Mouth. Pillows of Air. Home-Made Potato Gnocchi With Bolognese.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Category Archives: Fruit
I know its almost Christmas when bags of Pfeffernüsse start appearing in supermarkets and delicatessens. I’ve always had a huge soft spot for these delicious little German “pepper nut” cookies. Full of a heady mix of honey, molasses and ground spices; nutmeg, cardamom, anise, … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 100 Calories. Frozen Grapes And Cherries.
Here in the southern hemisphere, a reliable marker that Christmas is just around the corner is the appearance of big, beautiful bunches of grapes and boxes of cherries at the markets. With a searingly hot start to the summer with … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Cooling Mango Buttermilk Lassi.
If today’s sweltering 45 degrees celsius is anything to go by, it looks like we’re in for a long, hot summer. After a day spent languishing in the heat, this post is short, to the point and sweet. The ideal … Continue reading
What to drink when temperatures soar? Something sweet and refreshing and incredibly easy to prepare. This time last year with juicy watermelons and lush strawberries in plentiful supply at the markets I made Watermelon, Mint and Lime Paletas and Granita. … Continue reading
We’ve been caught off guard by the changing of the seasons as we segue from Winter into Spring. A welcome stretch of soaring temperatures sees me booking a much needed pedicure and reaching for a summer wardrobe of strappy sandals … Continue reading
In our house school holidays are synonymous with road trips. Taking the road less well travelled. Meandering through country towns, unearthing all manner of bric a brac at antique stores before stopping for an inevitable Devonshire tea of freshly baked … Continue reading
Inspired By Black Star Pastry. Pistachio Dacquoise With Rose Water Infused Watermelon, Berries And Marscapone Cream.
Today’s post continues with my watermelon theme. A couple of weeks ago my very good friend Susan introduced me Black Star Pastry’s magnificent Watermelon Cake. A light as air layered confection of almond dacquoise and rosewater infused berries, watermelon and … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Watermelon And Grilled Haloumi Salad With Chimichurri Dressing.
With winter well and truly over, new season produce is hitting our farmer’s market stalls. After a long hiatus watermelons from Far North Queensland are making a very welcome reappearance. The secret to choosing the sweetest and juiciest melons? Tap … Continue reading
Oven dried strawberries are something I’ve been wanting to try for ages. This week, almost serendipitously, the ideal opportunity presented itself with enormous kilo punnets of fragrant, perfectly ripe and juicy strawberries available at the markets from our Victorian growers. … Continue reading
These stylish little tea cakes are inspired by Ottolenghi The Cookbook. Craving something sweet with mini bundt trays at the ready, I retrieved my well-thumbed copy from the bookshelf, flipped it open and yet again realised I didn’t quite have … Continue reading