Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- A Blast From The Past. Retro Popcorn. Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other followers
Category Archives: Fruit
I think I’ve died and gone to heaven. The last thing I wanted to do on a cold, dreary, drizzly winter’s day was leave the cosy confines of our home to make a regular Sunday morning pilgrimage to the bakery. … Continue reading
Mid winter coincides with peak citrus season. Suddenly my fruit bowl has transformed into an overflowing still life study of vibrantly hued, sweetly scented lemons, oranges and mandarins. Summer’s limes have given way to cooler climate lemons, and lately I’ve … Continue reading
We are fortunate to live in a temperate climate. At the Growers Markets last weekend, despite being in the midst of winter, I was lucky enough to pick up bunches of ruby red rhubarb and punnets of sweetly scented strawberries. Just … Continue reading
Steel cut oats have just entered my universe and they are fantastic. Luxurious and comforting, a bowl of warming oats never tasted so good. With winter just around the corner I’ve been on the lookout for an easy, portable breakfast … Continue reading
Last week’s Magic Vanilla Custard Squares proved so popular they were in demand all week long. I think we went through something like three batches. Perfect for sharing which goes to show that old fashioned recipes are definitely the … Continue reading
This Sunday May 11 it’s Mother’s Day. Last year my family cooked up a storm in the kitchen serving up breakfast panini filled with Bill Granger’s decadently creamy scrambled eggs, crispy prosciutto and peppery rocket. I’m not sure what is … Continue reading
In our house Easter celebrations are unashamedly associated with feasting. Chocolate truffles and brightly wrapped foiled Easter eggs for breakfast, followed by a long, leisurely lunch. It’s no wonder overindulgence is the order of the day. An inescapable given. This year it … Continue reading
I have long been a fan of Annabel Langbein, The Free Range Cook. Her recipes are fresh, simple and delicious and hit the mark every single time. I’ve always loved cooking with the seasons. Autumn brings organic roasted nuts and … Continue reading
With Easter almost upon us I’m feeling a little overwhelmed and jaded with the growing stash of chocolate my teenagers have managed to procure. I once naively thought that the Easter Bunny and Chocolate Easter Egg Hunts were the preserve … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 100 Calories. Simple Mexican Style Summer Stone Fruit Salad With Chilli, Lime and Sea Salt.
It’s late summer and our markets are awash with a superb array of perfectly ripe, gorgeously perfumed stone fruit. We truly are spoilt for choice. Apricots, plums, nectarines and peaches are at their peak season best and seem to be … Continue reading