Most Popular Posts
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Yoghurt
Sunday Afternoon Tea. Inspired By…Jo Blogs Jo Bakes. Vanilla Yoghurt Cake With Buttercream and Fresh Passionfruit.
We are extremely partial to a well baked Victoria sponge at our house. Beautifully light and airy, elegantly filled and dusted with just a whisper of icing sugar it’s my idea of the most perfect cake. A couple of weeks … Continue reading
Eat, Fast And Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Meal Idea Under 200 Calories. Banana Pancake Stack With Summer Stone Fruit.
This morning I was greeted by a whole hand of bananas fully ripened by the summer heat. Sadly those stalwart and reliable bananas can’t compete with the glorious tumble of juicy stone fruit also sharing the fruit bowl on my kitchen … Continue reading
Butter chicken on a fast day? No, I’m definitely not joking. This incredibly delicious but healthy butter chicken tastes authentic but contains very little fat. There’s no butter in this recipe, just butternut pumpkin, loads of spices and a little … Continue reading
Last week I embarked on just one full fast day instead of my usual two. Railroaded by an attempt to bake my husband’s rather decadent chocolate birthday torte on fast day number two. My usual fast day eating plan was … Continue reading
I like to include yoghurt in my menu planning for fasting days. Relatively low in calories, high in protein it keeps me feeling fuller for longer. Most important for keeping the hunger pangs away. All yoghurts are excellent sources of protein, … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. More Reinvention. The Modern Bircher Muesli. Overnight Oats in a Jar with Raspberries
Oats are a staple pantry item in our house. With a daughter who swims most mornings they are the perfect, portable breakfast solution. Served in one of two ways. Depending on the season. A thermos of steaming hot porridge. A … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Adapting Recipes To Fit The Brief. Green Goddess Dressing With Avocado and Greek Yoghurt.
I was watching Jamie Oliver whip up a Green Goddess Dressing on his show 15 Minute Meals the other night. Made with avocado, fresh herbs and yoghurt to dress a Mexican tortilla salad. One concept I have struggled a little … Continue reading
It’s the countdown to Christmas. Lots of last-minute get togethers. Here’s a very easy canapé idea. A de-constructed tzatziki. I stumbled upon this fabulous canapé idea on Viviane’s gorgeous blog @ Down Under. Viviane is French and hails from New Zealand. Just across the ditch. But we … Continue reading
Its December First. Hello Summer. Another hot, humid, sticky day. We woke to a summer rain storm. Today’s headline in the Sydney Morning Herald reads “Summer in the City…and its Hot, Hot, Hot”. Somehow I don’t think its going to … Continue reading
One of my daughters swims. Five mornings a week. I am very fortunate that my husband is an early riser and invariably will drop her off at the pool at 5.30 or 6 am! My end of the bargain is … Continue reading