Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- Gloriously Gluten Free. Hazelnut and Chocolate Bon Vivant Torte.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Dessert
Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday. Pancake day in our house. How quickly time flies. It doesn’t seem a year ago that I was flipping crêpes and savoury galettes for our last pancake day feast. The association of Shrove Tuesday and Pancake Day … Continue reading
A short and sweet Valentine’s Day post with a very simple dessert. I was introduced to this decadent Salted Dark Chocolate and Lime Mousse at drinks one balmy Friday night. Of course I had to have the recipe. At first … Continue reading
This weekend I delved deep into my kitchen drawer and retrieved a half-forgotten, crumpled page bearing a wonderful recipe for a gorgeous meringue torte. For many years this cake, laden with a luscious mix of dark chocolate, hazelnuts, almonds and … Continue reading
One sure sign that the summer holidays are well and truly over is the start of the new school year. This weekend we were thrust into the hurly burly of a full schedule of sport commitments. Soaring temperatures, traffic snarls … Continue reading
Fuss Free For A Very Cool Yule. Christmas Pudding Ice Cream With Chocolate Ice Magic Topping and Cherries.
With the Christmas party season in full swing and preparations for the big day well under way, there seems to be very little time to sit back, relax and smell the roses. Throw in a little heat and, dare I … Continue reading
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading
Brownies are a perennial favourite in our house. Rich, dense and fudgy these blonde brownies use white chocolate instead of the usual dark and are crammed full of sour cherries and macadamia nuts. Absolutely delicious and incredibly moreish they need … Continue reading
This weekend I embraced a little retro baking. This sour cream cheesecake was a staple, special occasion dessert in our house when I was young. Always made with 2 blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese. Scented with a little lemon and … Continue reading
Raise your hands if you remember Ice Magic. That chocolate flavoured ice cream topping, manufactured by Cottees. It set hard in seconds. Like magic. A trip down memory lane for me. The stuff of childhood dreams. Instantly transforming a tub … Continue reading
Another Week. Another Celebration. Marking My First Blog Anniversary With A Trio of Messina Gelato Cakes.
Another week. Another celebration. This time it’s my first blog anniversary. On this day a year ago, with more than a little trepidation, I hit the publish button on my very first blog post. In our house we mark all … Continue reading