Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Capsicum
The 5-2 Challenge. Something Warming. Oven Roasted Capsicums With A Spicy Cherry Tomato, Chickpea And Couscous Stuffing.
Today was unrelentlessly cold, wet and rainy. The perfect excuse for a skim milk cappuccino to brighten an otherwise dreary day. I know I have supposedly sworn off cappuccinos on fast days but this cup was planned for and incorporated … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Keeping Busy. Oven Poached Chicken Breast With a Roast Capsicum, Tomato and Couscous Stuffing.
This morning I woke up hungry. Contemplated poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Then it hit me. Today was a fast day. Nothing but cups of tea until midday. Usually I’m able to cruise through my fast day mornings. Usually … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Hearty One Pot Dish. Chicken Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Green Beans.
Another Monday. Another fast day. Made that little bit more interesting with school holidays and a full house. I wanted to do something with couscous for dinner tonight. Couscous is filling, hearty and very, very good for you. Whenever I … Continue reading
We eat paella often in our house. Sometimes with seafood. At other times without. Always with chorizo. It’s a wonderfully communal dish to cook and eat. Spicy. Full of flavour. Easy to prepare. I must confess this weekend I ran … Continue reading
This is what I cook when I don’t know what to cook. A simple and delicious fall back option. Another firm, family favourite. It incorporates the holy trinty of spicy chorizo, capsicum and chillies simmered in a tomato sauce. I … Continue reading
In keeping with my quest to embrace a new, healthier me in what remains of the lead up to Christmas here’s a very festive, Mediterranean inspired roasted capsicum dish. Using seasonal vegetables its absolutely delicious. Big, bold Mediterranean flavours with … Continue reading
Thai chicken curry. Our favourite takeaway. Its just as easy to make at home with a well stocked pantry. I make this so often my pantry staples include small cans of coconut cream, packets of Mae Ploy green curry paste, … Continue reading
Couscous. Sounds exotic. Contrary to popular opinion its a pasta, not a grain. Made by mixing semolina with water, and then shaping it into little “grains”. Pasta or grain. It doesn’t really matter. This Moroccan staple is extremely versatile and pairs well … Continue reading
I grew up eating coleslaw prepared this way. It’s refreshing and teams beautifully with rich food. If I’m serving slow roasted pork belly, coleslaw is always on the menu to cut through all that decadent lusciousness. I walked past trendy … Continue reading