Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Melt in your Mouth. Pillows of Air. Home-Made Potato Gnocchi With Bolognese.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Tag Archives: Chocolate
Weekend Birthday Celebrations. Mini Strawberry Cloud Cakes With Chocolate Bottoms and Fresh Raspberries.
This weekend our daughters celebrated their fourteenth birthday. As always we marked the occasion with home-made birthday cake. This year I revisited Annabel Langbein’s dreamy Strawberry Cloud Cake, the subject of one of my earliest posts. Refashioned into mini cloud … Continue reading
From The Italian Pasticceria. Almond, Hazelnut and Pine Nut Biscuits. Brutti Ma Buoni. Ugly But Good.
I’ve always loved Brutti Ma Buoni and make a beeline for them every time I visit an Italian pasticceria. Literally translating as Ugly But Good, they’re fabulous with a strong espresso. Even better packaged up by the boxful and taken … Continue reading
Leafing through a pile of back issues of Delicious magazine I came across a very clever recipe for Italian florentines. A delectable combination of caramel, dried fruit and nuts. Baked in a slab. Cut into perfect circles just before the … Continue reading
Raise your hands if you remember Ice Magic. That chocolate flavoured ice cream topping, manufactured by Cottees. It set hard in seconds. Like magic. A trip down memory lane for me. The stuff of childhood dreams. Instantly transforming a tub … Continue reading
Spring time in Mount Wilson is magnificent. Perched high in the Blue mountains this tiny village hamlet is famous for it’s cool climate gardens. This weekend we were lucky enough to be invited by our good friends to join them … Continue reading
Highly Addictive. Incredibly Easy To Prepare. Brigadeiros. Brazilian Chocolate Caramel Fudge Truffles.
These must be the easiest truffles I have ever made. Cooked to fudgy perfection, cooled, rolled into little balls and coated within an hour. Including the clean up and loading of the dishwasher. Brigadeiros. Unbelievably sweet and delicious. Highly addictive. A Brazilian … Continue reading
Last week’s chocolate and vanilla marble bundt cake was so popular that the requests came in thick and fast for another. Could it be that this simple cake is about to supersede caramel slice, choc chip cookies and chocolate cake … Continue reading
One of my enduring childhood kitchen memories? Old-fashioned marble cake. More often than not a two tone chocolate and vanilla version and very occasionally a very special three tone, neapolitan treat with the addition of a third flavour, strawberry. Reminiscing … Continue reading
Nothing beats biting into a freshly baked lamington.Vanilla sponge coated in a layer of chocolate icing and then rolled in dessicated coconut. Simple, elegant and decidedly delicious. Iconically Australian. Most times a great lamington is hard to come by. Here … Continue reading