Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunday Brunch. Sticky Date and Banana Loaf.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,260 other subscribers
Tag Archives: Soup
This must be my family’s all time favourite soup. Comfort eating at its very best. Simple to prepare. Delicious to eat. Combining three fabulous ingredients. Chicken soup, pork wonton and deep fried tofu puffs. Homemade chicken soup is pretty much … Continue reading
Nothing beats a Lamb Shank and Barley Soup in winter. Delicious and nutritious. Loaded with vegetables. Full of flavour. Low in fat. Hearty, warming fast day fare. To be perfectly frank this dish has always been a staple on our … Continue reading
Another 5-2 challenge fast day. Another winter warmer. This time it’s Chicken and Leek Soup With Lemon and Pearl Barley. Made with chicken stock, poached, shredded chicken breast fillet and loads of leek to keep the calorie count down. Add … Continue reading
What to eat when you are ravenously hungry on a cold and blustery fast day? Soup. More specifically a non dairy, homemade vegetable based soup. Incredibly low in calories, warming and more importantly filling. Today’s offering? A Spiced Pumpkin, Orange … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Japanese Inspired Noodle Bowl. Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup With Broccolini and Spinach
There is something about the colder weather that makes me want to comfort eat. On the menu for my latest recent fast day a Japanese inspired Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup. Nourishing. Filling. Warming. Unfortunately my fast day resolve was … Continue reading
This weekend I was lucky enough to receive a carton of freshly laid farm eggs. Courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks. Other than the ultimate treat of poached eggs, these were a welcome addition to one of my favourite dishes. Stracciatella. … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
Autumn has finally descended upon Sydney. There is a definite chill in the air. Cooler weather is synonymous with comfort food. In my books there is nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a big bowl of warming soup. … Continue reading
It’s been an incredibly busy week. Having driven over 2000 km in a return journey from Sydney to Melbourne, with pit stops in Daylesford and Canberra, we’re glad to be finally home. Easter is over. It’s April first. The weather … Continue reading
Let me preface this by saying I have always had a more than healthy appetite for good food. In my younger days I didn’t really have to think about how much or what I ate. Being naturally lean and moderately athletic I … Continue reading
Having watched the BBC documentary Eat, Fast and Live Longer I resolved that one day I would give the 5-2 eating plan a go. After all it didn’t sound too onerous. Five feast days offset by only two fast days … Continue reading