Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Category Archives: Soup
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Diet Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Inspired By…Spontaneous Tomato. Avgolemono. Greek Egg & Lemon Soup.
With the weather finally cooling down a little it’s time to start re-introducing soup back into my 5-2 repertoire. As soon as I saw Allison from Spontaneous Tomato’s post for Avgolemono (Egg and Lemon) Soup I knew that I had found … Continue reading
Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 300 Calories. Asian Style Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup.
I love Asian style soups. A delicious study of contrasting flavours, colour and textures, this Spicy Chicken and Roasted Corn Soup is incredibly satisfying. Filled with fragrant spices, silky strands of shredded chicken, crunchy roasted corn and delicate tendrils of … Continue reading
This must be my family’s all time favourite soup. Comfort eating at its very best. Simple to prepare. Delicious to eat. Combining three fabulous ingredients. Chicken soup, pork wonton and deep fried tofu puffs. Homemade chicken soup is pretty much … Continue reading
Nothing beats a Lamb Shank and Barley Soup in winter. Delicious and nutritious. Loaded with vegetables. Full of flavour. Low in fat. Hearty, warming fast day fare. To be perfectly frank this dish has always been a staple on our … Continue reading
Another 5-2 challenge fast day. Another winter warmer. This time it’s Chicken and Leek Soup With Lemon and Pearl Barley. Made with chicken stock, poached, shredded chicken breast fillet and loads of leek to keep the calorie count down. Add … Continue reading
What to eat when you are ravenously hungry on a cold and blustery fast day? Soup. More specifically a non dairy, homemade vegetable based soup. Incredibly low in calories, warming and more importantly filling. Today’s offering? A Spiced Pumpkin, Orange … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Japanese Inspired Noodle Bowl. Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup With Broccolini and Spinach
There is something about the colder weather that makes me want to comfort eat. On the menu for my latest recent fast day a Japanese inspired Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup. Nourishing. Filling. Warming. Unfortunately my fast day resolve was … Continue reading
This weekend I was lucky enough to receive a carton of freshly laid farm eggs. Courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks. Other than the ultimate treat of poached eggs, these were a welcome addition to one of my favourite dishes. Stracciatella. … Continue reading
One of my favourite meals when the weather turns cold is soup. Warm, nourishing, stick to your ribs comfort food. Top of the list? Pea and ham soup. Everyone else must have had the same idea today. I ventured out … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Surprisingly Low Calorie Count. Cauliflower, Potato and Leek Soup With Crispy Prosciutto.
Autumn has finally descended upon Sydney. There is a definite chill in the air. Cooler weather is synonymous with comfort food. In my books there is nothing more comforting on a chilly day than a big bowl of warming soup. … Continue reading