Most Popular Posts
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Old-Fashioned Louise Slice. Melting Layers of Shortbread, Raspberry Jam and Coconut Meringue.
- Australia's Answer To Tiramisu. A Trip Through Our Modern Culinary History. Chocolate Ripple Cake.
- A Blast From The Past. Retro Popcorn. Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
What's Happening On Instagram?
No Instagram images were found.
Join 2,259 other followers
Category Archives: Poultry
Butter chicken on a fast day? No, I’m definitely not joking. This incredibly delicious but healthy butter chicken tastes authentic but contains very little fat. There’s no butter in this recipe, just butternut pumpkin, loads of spices and a little … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. How To Build Your Own Skinny Stir-Fry. My Version? Stir Fried Chicken With Red Capsicum, Broccolini and Chilli Jam.
Stir fries have to be the perfect 5-2 fast day meal. Healthy, nutrition, low in calories and very easy to prepare. Fast day or feast day I’ll often prepare a stir fry for dinner using whatever is in season or … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Japanese Inspired Noodle Bowl. Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup With Broccolini and Spinach
There is something about the colder weather that makes me want to comfort eat. On the menu for my latest recent fast day a Japanese inspired Spicy Chicken Soba Noodle Soup. Nourishing. Filling. Warming. Unfortunately my fast day resolve was … Continue reading
Dainty and Delicious. Old Fashioned Pinwheel and Finger Sandwiches With a Classic Chicken Mayonnaise Filling.
When was the last time you had a good old-fashioned chicken sandwich? Those dainty tea sandwich offerings associated with high tea and bring a plate gatherings. Poached chicken combined with herbs and home-made mayonnaise. A little celery for crunch. Crustless. … Continue reading
This weekend I was lucky enough to receive a carton of freshly laid farm eggs. Courtesy of Gil and Pat’s chooks. Other than the ultimate treat of poached eggs, these were a welcome addition to one of my favourite dishes. Stracciatella. … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. Keeping Busy. Oven Poached Chicken Breast With a Roast Capsicum, Tomato and Couscous Stuffing.
This morning I woke up hungry. Contemplated poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Then it hit me. Today was a fast day. Nothing but cups of tea until midday. Usually I’m able to cruise through my fast day mornings. Usually … Continue reading
One of the highlights of any trip to Japan must be a visit to a traditional izakaya. Not quite bar, not quite restaurant. Izakaya are warm, cosy, happy places. The perfect venue to catch up with friends for a beer, … Continue reading
Silky Hainanese Chicken. Bill Granger’s Warm Poached Chicken with Onion Rice and Fresh Ginger Relish.
It’s been raining all day. The perfect dinner for a cold, wet and rainy Saturday night? Soft, silky Hainanese Chicken. Delicate, fragrant poached chicken. Served with onion rice, ginger relish and a generous drizzling of broth. Warming. Comforting. Delicious. Simple and satisfying. One of my … Continue reading
The key to a successful fast day? Healthy meals that pack a flavour punch. After completing a month on the 5-2 Challenge I’m finally in the groove. Recipes that work best? Low on fat and carbohydrate. Jam-packed with vegetables, herbs … Continue reading
The 5-2 Challenge. A Hearty One Pot Dish. Chicken Couscous with Fresh Harissa, Roasted Capsicum and Green Beans.
Another Monday. Another fast day. Made that little bit more interesting with school holidays and a full house. I wanted to do something with couscous for dinner tonight. Couscous is filling, hearty and very, very good for you. Whenever I … Continue reading