Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Category Archives: Beef
It would be fair to say that in our house home made potato gnocchi served with bolognese sauce and a generous grating of parmesan cheese is a perennial favourite. I think of home made gnocchi and these adjectives spring to … Continue reading
Firing up the barbie. I can’t think of anything more quintessentially Australian. A great, laid back Aussie summer tradition. I love a good steak on the barbie. Thick. Juicy. Tender. Perfectly charred. The easiest way to achieve this? The Tuscan … Continue reading
Australia Day is fast approaching. This Saturday. January 26th. I can’t think of anything more Australian than a burger cooked on the BBQ. The classic Aussie burger always includes a slice of beetroot. This weekend I was back in Canberra. … Continue reading
My how quickly the weather can change. Yesterday it was unseasonably warm and raining. Today temperatures dropped to -10 C and a snow storm set in. As luck would have it the Hooded Triple Chair opened just as we reached mid station … Continue reading
I think of Slow Roasted Beef Ribs and two words spring to mind. Rich and unctuous. This is a gorgeous dish. Meltingly rich, flavoursome beef perfumed with orange, cinnamon and star anise. And so easy to prepare. Sear the ribs … Continue reading
Pasta with Bolognese. Possibly the most popular home cooked meal in Australia. For such a simple dish it comes in many guises from the good to the bad and the downright ugly. I’m no expert on Bolognese sauce but I … Continue reading