Most Popular Posts
- It's The Shatter That Matters. Old-Fashioned Homemade Honey Comb.
- The Secret Behind a Great Bolognese. It's All About the Soffritto.
- Fish on Fridays. Pan-Fried Flathead Fillets By The Plateful. Simply Dressed With Lemon and Parsley.
- Sunday Night Tray Bake. Roasted Chipolata Sausages With Potatoes, Fennel and Cherry Tomatoes
- From The Old fashioned Australian Kitchen Pantry. Passionfruit And Coconut Impossible Pie.
- Freshly Baked. Salted Peanut Cookies…With A Hint Of Cocoa.
- Deep Dish Pizza Friday… With Garlic Prawns and Mozzarella Cheese
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Recipe Idea Under 200 Calories. Donna Hay’s Asparagus “Risotto” With Snow Peas, Mozzarella and Basil.
- Fool-Proof Kitchen Short Cuts. Ricotta Gnocchi with Little Italian Sausage Meatballs in Tomato Sugo.
- Eat, Fast and Live Longer. A 5-2 Fast Day Idea Under 100 Calories. Skinny Masala Chai Latte.
Tag Archives: Slice
This slice couldn’t be easier. Melt. Mix. Set in the refrigerator. An easy no bake recipe made with pantry staples. Chocolate, peanut butter and cornflakes. Rich, decadent and incredibly moreish. Proof that sometimes the best recipes really are the simplest. … Continue reading
I made this slice for our road trip to Canberra. It’s the Queen’s Birthday Long Weekend and traffic is guaranteed to be heavy with the opening of the ski season. For my overseas readers, yes we do have snow here … Continue reading
This is another wonderful recipe that has come to me from across the ditch. It’s a very old New Zealand tea time favourite. The Kiwi cooking bible, The Edmonds Cookbook, ranks this slice as sixth in the top ten favourite … Continue reading
I have an almost empty jar of my mother’s home-made plum jam in the refrigerator. Word associations. Plum jam. Jam tart. Hazelnuts and jam. Linzertorte. A delicious tart made with a crumbly crust of flour, butter, egg yolks, and ground hazelnuts. … Continue reading
I make this all the time. Its rich, sinful and delicious and everyone’s favourite. Every Monday morning my son takes something home-baked with him to the dorms at school. More often than not the request is for caramel slice. This … Continue reading
My girlfriend Amanda introduced me to this concoction earlier this year. Its rich and sinful and requires no effort at all. Melt, mix and pour into a pan to set. Pure Nigella Lawson. The original recipe calls for Crunchie bars, … Continue reading